Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nearer My God To Thee

Caleb,

I stumbled upon this rendition of the beautiful song, "Nearer My God To Thee," and wanted to post it.  Throughout the last 10 months, while I was in the hospital and during the months you were in the NICU, we have spent so much time waiting. During that time I have come closer to my Savior and my loving Heavenly Father than I have ever have before. (I hope those reading take the 3 minutes it takes to watch this clip. I know it will touch your heart.)

Caleb, thank you for being so courageous and strong and for helping me come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus. I love you more than words can express, sweet boy.

I am still waiting, son. 
Until we meet again.
All my love,





xoxo
Mom


4 comments:

  1. How fitting that a song about struggles bringing us closer to God can be so thrillingly beautiful, and at the same time pull at my heart so, just like your journey with Caleb. Your words, the pictures of you and Caleb, and the sound of the song make a powerful and unforgettable impression on my soul, and I look for the day when all of your waiting and longing will be consumed with the joy of holding him close again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Bawled my eyes out.
    I love you more than I can put into words.
    I will never be the same person again because of our Mr. Caleb and because of you and your faith, your trust and your willingness to wait, Leah.
    I am humbled and honored to love him, to know him and to have prayed for him with all my heart and soul these last ten months.
    I love you, Caleb Luke. Somehow those words don't seem strong enough for all that my heart holds for you.

    I bore my testimony on Sunday. Caleb, because of you I know more about faith, fasting, the preisthood, tender mercies, blessings, loving someone and trusting the Lord. It was my privlidge to share my testimony... It is stronger becasue of you. Thank you, Caleb. I long for the day I get to hold you for the first time and kiss those precious cheeks. I love you sweet boy.

    xoxo
    Auntie Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the guys that was in Vocal Point died last year from the flu. He died the day after his wife gave birth to their beautiful baby. It just means he's up there singing to Caleb now. Love you Sister Fish. You rock my world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet pictures...you all are still in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete