Monday, August 4, 2014

Is She Really 12?

The weekend after celebrating your life Claire turned 12!!! I still can't believe she's 12. Dad and I feel old! We postponed her birthday bash until later in August but we were able to celebrate with lots of family. We got to Utah on Friday, made it to Aunt Emili's wedding Saturday, and had a family party for Claire on Sunday. 

Here is Claire's cake...wait there's the photo bomb queen 
giving us one of THE best photo bombs ever!

Let's try that again...
Let' me just say that the cake was flippin awesome. Auntie Angie's neighbor makes UH-mazing cakes and told Angie she would frost Claire's for us, but let me add the tid bit that she insisted on making it too. I love everything about it. SOOO cute. (Thank you!!!)

I love this picture. I love that so many cousins were able to celebrate with us at Granny and Papa's. I especially love that we had family from both sides. SWEET!


Aunt Stephanie was going to make Claire's favorite cupcakes but Connor fell on a toy sword the night before and cut the back of his throat. He had to have surgery and get stitches. Poor kid. Then he got an infection and had to be hospitalized after 3 different antibiotics. 
So Angie made Claire's cupcakes and Claire was very excited. 

At the end of the night Audrey was scratching behind a cousins' dogs' ears. Unfortunately the sweet dog had an infection in her ear that no one could see that was hurting her so she yelped and bit Audrey's bottom lip. We went to another neighbor of Angie's that's an ER doc that looked at it and confirmed it needed stitches. 
So this sweet person we had never met drove us to his clinic and stitched up Audrey out of the kindness of his heart. We didn't have to wait for hours through the night in the ER or battle out of state insurance. Not only did he do it out of kindness but he did an amazing job. Audrey's lip looks PERFECT. You seriously can't tell she had stitches. Big shout out to Dr. Mehl, you seriously rock!

I am constantly in awe for so many reasons. There are so many people, both friends and strangers, that send cards and gifts to our family.  Uplifting our family and praying for us. We are so very grateful for all the acts of kindness and love. I wish I could personally thank and hug each and every one of them for their kindness and support. 

Aside from the end of the night when Audrey needed stitches, Claire's birthday was awesome. We had a great time celebrating Claire and the amazing girl she is. She is the greatest big sister who is as sharp as a tack. She is responsible, loving, smart, sporty, energetic, sweet and just plain fabulous. We are so lucky to have her in our family. 

Sure do love you, buddy.
xoxo
Mom





3 comments:

  1. SO stinking happy you were here to celebrate Claire's birthday!!!

    The cake was awesome. I love it! So happy it tured out so fabulous thanks to Ashley. Still can't believe Audrey ended up with stitches... but so thankful it went as smoothly as it did and that you were taken care of so well.

    I am so gratefeul so many people are showering you with love and kindess. Makes my heart smile and it makes it a bit easier living 1200 miles away to know you are surrounded by wonderful friends and strangers!! :)

    I love you and think of you non stop. So grateful to have a little sister to has taken a difficult journey... looked it straight on and has acted with grace, faith, hope, trust, love and even gratitude. You and Zeb consistanly amaze and strengthen me. You are not alone. Ever. Oh, I love you and Caleb... I can't even put into words the love and gratitude I feel for that perfect, couragous, chunky little love bug! He has changed my life. I will never be the same and I am so grateful.

    xoxo
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Saige's photo bomb is one of the best!!! So gald you caught it.. Little goof ball of mine.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's 12!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete