Saturday, January 11, 2014

Believe

Last night's update:

Caleb had a hard night oxygen wise again. He went back up to the 80's. We decided to have him put back in the isolette crib to see if it would help his oxygen saturation. He was back in the 60s Friday morning. His oxygen trend has been creeping up instead of creeping down. This is a hard roller coaster to be on. We know there is a plan and purpose for Caleb and his life. We are putting our trust in Heavenly Father and whatever His plan is for Caleb. Thanks for your love, prayers and continued support.


I talked with Leah this morning and last night Caleb's oxygen was up to 75%.  Caleb has the hardest time using his lungs when he is on his back. He was 4 weeks old on Thursday. I love these pictures of him. I love the picture of his family's Christmas card in his crib. They are his biggest cheerleaders. It makes me tear up. 

Caleb was born into one of the most loving and committed families I know. Leah was on bed rest at home for bleeding when she chose their Christmas card. You can sort of see that along the bottom there is one word: BELIEVE. That was picked out and printed before Leah's water broke. It is perfect. 

Another special thing about the Christmas card in his bed is the story behind the picture... We were in San Diego with Leah's family. A few of my sister's families and my Mom rented a house and spent the week together last August. We all traveled separately and met at the house on a Sunday afternoon. We were all so excited to see each other and the kids were running around thrilled to be together. We hadn't even been there for an hour when Leah pulled her family aside and then asked us all to come into the living room. I knew right away what she was going to announce... not that she told me.... but I know Leah. Steph made the comment... "You do realize what we all think you are going to say, right?" I grabbed my camera and video camera. Leah's girls each held up a sign announcing baby #5 in the Fish family. We screamed and cried (that is the most typical McConnell female reaction!). It was wonderful. I took the family picture of them on the beach. Leah is 12 weeks along with Caleb. Less than 8 weeks later, hardly even showing, her water broke. 




Caleb HAS taught us to BELIEVE.

I love you, baby boy. SO much. Your life has changed mine. You keep fighting and we'll keep praying.
xoxo
Auntie Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment