Sunday, December 21, 2014

Lovey Delivery

We feel so blessed to have so many lovies donated to take to the NICU! So grateful for all those that participated! 

Here we are sorting them. Look at how many! 

Your sissies were so excited to take them in. I love how full the sack is! 

You have some pretty adorable sisters. 

Just outside the NICU we explained that it was flu season and they couldnt go inside and julia started crying right after this picture was taken. 
But nurses were so sweet and let the girls hang out with them at the front desk. 

Daddy and I went around to each nursery and gave each baby a lovie and card. 
I wanted to wear the outfit I wore when we had the sonogram when they announced we were having a boy! I had no idea how much you would change our lives but I had an idea about how special you were and are. 

It was so neat, buddy. Words can't describe how we feel about the NICU and our family there. 

We loved taking each little fighter a lovie and we even caught a few families that were there visiting. 

When we walked into nursery g, the nursery you were in when you passed away, and heard the familiar beeps that we heard every single time we were there I fought hard to stay in check. Thankfully I did okay. In nursery g there is a little guy that was there when you were. He is still struggling so we gave him your exact lovey. I hope his parents felt love and strength when they received your card. 

Here the girls are hanging at the front desk. 

We had such a wonderful time and feel so very blessed. Blessed you were taken such good care of. Blessed to know we did everything possible to give you the best chance at life, but knowing Heavenly Father had a different plan for you. Blessed to have no regrets with your care and decisions we made for you. Blessed to have had time with you that was so very sacred and precious. Blessed to get to know you, your personality and the amazing boy you are. Blessed beyond measure. 

Goodness you are one special boy, Caleb Luke. I wish you could see into my heart and how proud I am of you. I love you so much, all the way to heaven and back. 

I will look forward to going to the NICU every year for our lovey delivery. It was amazing, just like you. 
Xoxo
Mom 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved reading about your whole experience taking lovies to the NICU. I love how you are shaping this whole experience, for the girls and for the rest of us, into a journey of faith and positive memories. The card you gave people is beautiful. Seeing his little grin makes me miss him so much, but I'm so glad we know his grin. We had our Christmas party last night, and one of the things we did was to each tell some way in which we had grown this year. Caleb was mentioned often. His life and death, and the way you and Zeb have handled it, have influenced people in very deep and meaningful ways. Our testimonies of the Savior have become more sweet, and our knowledge of God's love for each of His children has deepened. We trust them more. We have a stronger understanding of the joy we will feel when we live with them and with Caleb one day. You were so well cared for and loved by the people in the NICU, and it makes me so happy to see you giving that love back and multiplying it. You are increasing the Savior's light in the world. I love each one of you. Gram

    ReplyDelete