Saturday, December 13, 2014

First Birthday Party

Well my sweet boy, we were so excited to have your first birthday party! It was so much fun and I loved that they day was filled with things to honor you. 
Claire had a really hard time at school so she came home and helped me get ready for the party. 
In all the party planning and decorating I totally forgot about dinner. So we just ate lots of cake and ice cream. 

I adore this picture of you. 

Here are the capes I spent so much time sewing. My sewing machine is broken, there's a short in the presser foot, so it took a long time and wasn't as smooth as I'd like, but I was able to finish them! 
I love the way they turned out.

We each got a cupcake with a candle so we all go to blow one out! 





At the end of the night there were lots of tears. But we loved celebrating you and looking at all the Loveys that were donated on your behalf made us so happy 
I love the Santa sack your Auntie sent to take them to the NICU in. There are so many people that love you, Caleb. You have changed so many lives and you continue to make a difference. 

(Thank you everyone for all the messages  and thoughts/prayers for caleb and our family, they meant so much to me.) 

Not knowing how our emotions would be we opted to have a few families over instead of lots. 
I love the kids in their Super Caleb capes! 

Isabel was just too cute in hers! 

After everyone left we did a balloon release and sent you messages. It was special and emotional. 




You are one special boy. 
We went around saying something we love about you after we let the balloons go. Julia couldn't bear to let hers go and finally did after lots of coaxing. 

Dad said how much he liked coming home from work to a boy party with superheroes and that it was a nice change from pink princesses. :) Although I think we do pink pretty well. 

Happy First Birthday, mister. You're amazing. Goodness we love you. 

Xoxo
Mom 

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING. SO much love packed into that birthday party. SO much work. I am beyond proud of the capes... they turned out perfectly!! I loved seeing all the pictures of the kids in them. I loved al the details and how awesome everything looked. Wish with my whole heart I was at the party. It was special to have a party of our own though. I loved running around all day working on details for our Caleb birthday party. Loved celebrating the birth of my hero. Loved singing to him and celebrating him. After a great little party we too ended the night with buckets of tears for our favorite little guy. Sienna sobbed for half an hour in my arms. When we sent our balloons to Caleb I told the kids to think of what they wanted to tell Caleb. Instantly, Cohen yelled.... "I love you, Caleb." Today getting ready for church I asked Cohen what tie he wanted to wear... his answer... "My Caleb tie." Oh I love that my 4 year old loves and has a tender spot for his cousin. They would have been great buddies. :)

    A few things worth mentioning....
    -Batman on the hulks back. Awesome touch.
    -Julia's forced smile while writing on Caleb's balloon. The best.
    -Zeb in a superman shirt. He is superman!! Still amazed at how much he did and accomplished as Mom and Dad while you were in the hospital.

    Love you more than words. Lots of tears, prayers and love for you and your family this week and always. Caleb is part of everyday of our lives and forever in our hearts and lives. Love you little mister. All the way to heaven and back.

    Auntie Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one party that I really wish I could have attended! You did an amazing job. Gosh I miss him…miss the hospital cam and checking in to see his chubby cheeks. I think about you guys all the time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete