Monday, September 15, 2014

Spinning

Here is one of the ultrasounds I had with our baby #6!!!! 
Zeb and I found out I was pregnant a week to the day before Caleb passed away. We were shocked since we were most definitely preventing.  That week we had so many questions. What if we lose both babies? What if we lose one but not the other? What if we bring both home and Caleb comes home with a vent and we have a newborn at the same time? Just days after we found out Caleb's path became very clear.  Much quicker than we ever thought. I try not to let my mind wander and ask questions that get me nowhere. 

I have gotten many ?'s about this pregnancy so I thought it would be useful to post the answers to the most common questions I have received...

My chances of rupturing again are not normal odds. Once you have ruptured prematurely your chances go up to 1 in 3. 

My due date is March 11 (2 weeks after Caleb was due).

Yes I have been sick. In fact I have never been so sick in all my pregnancies combined BUT another day sick is another day pregnant.

Starting at 16 weeks I will most likely start progesterone injections to help prevent preterm delivery. I am currently researching this and trying to see if there are risks or side effects I haven't come across yet. I am researching all other sorts of things to do anything I can to decrease my chances of rupturing again.

I am seeing my regular OB in conjunction with a high risk OB.

Each life is a miracle, not matter the length of time on earth, so we wanted to share our news. Ultimately we have no idea what will happen. Only Heavenly Father knows the path for this next Fish baby. Honestly, we are leaving things in His hands. I want what is best for this baby and our family. Whatever that is. Instead of trusting that Heavenly Father will bless us with a full term pregnancy and healthy baby I am trusting that because He knows all, because He knows us better than we know ourselves, I trust that as this plan for this child and our family unfolds according to his will and pray we will have happiness, strength and joy throughout. When I was pregnant with Caleb and was on bed rest I just thought since I was remaining pregnant that he would be okay. I trusted Heavenly father but in the back of my mind kept thinking Caleb would be okay. But Caleb's path was very different than what I thought. Of course I hope this baby stays here on earth just as I never gave up hope that Caleb would until he slipped back to heaven. Hope keeps people going. There is hope for everyone. In all facets of life. With hope, I want to have faith in Heavenly Father's plan for our family and trust that he knows what is best for us, not me.

Our heads are still spinning. Just as I am sure yours are as well. I DID NOT see this coming in a million years but clearly I do not know what God knows. So grateful He cares for us and knows how to succor us. He brings me comfort when I need it most. He strengthens me when I feel unable to go on. He will always be there as long as I seek Him.  I am so grateful for Him in my life.

Some days I do better than others with all that we have gone through and are still going through. I am beyond grateful for all of you who love and pray for us. For every last thing you all have done. 
We are truly blessed.

One day at a time,
xoxo
Me

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This has been such a difficult year that it must be hard to believe, but not hard to be happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!! Congratulations to you and your family. #6!!!!! Yay!! I can't even imagine the roller coaster of emotions you are going through but this will be such a great blessing for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I will be saying many prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Fish family! Thank you for your examples of faith and trusting in the The Lord. Keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are amazing. And this little one is so blessed to be coming to your family. The whirlwind of emotions you must be feeling! Best of luck to you! My prayers are with you! Caleb is always on my mind and I've never even met you all. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! Many prayers for the days and weeks ahead. Please let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continued prayers for you and your family! Congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a story. Would you allow me to publish an article about your family in The Rockwall News soon? Basically about how your faith in God and Christ has held you up throughout your ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. If you think it will help others I'd be happy to. Just let me read it first. :)
      Let me know if you have any questions.

      Delete
  10. I can see em waving to everyone! Big Faith Happy Faces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! The progesterone shots worked great for me through my third pregnancy after my second child was premature. We'll keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Congrats! We are so excited for ya'll! Love you! ~The Roggias

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news!!!! We are so excited for you and your family! Thank you for sharing your faith and experiences! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers!! I always knew you guys were maniacs!! I guess someone above agrees. You are amazing and I am humbled by your attitude and ability to manage everything as a mother, wife and woman. You will be added to our prayers. Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man! No way! How incredible and amazing! This news brought tears to my eyes! I'm so thrilled for your whole family! Man! That just made my day!

    ReplyDelete