Saturday, September 20, 2014

Joy Cometh in the Morning

I realized I never posted the pictures that a sweet stranger (now friend) Emma Rivera-dallas photographer-took of you when you were just 2 months old. She insisted on doing them out of love and service and I am forever grateful to your auntie for insisting on setting them up. 

Everytime I look at them It takes my breath away. I truly feel as though you can see a good portion of just how much mommy and daddy love you. 
Oh my sweet boy, you are so perfect. 

I feel like she captured your eyes and soul beautifully. You can see just how beautiful and strong your amazing spirit is. 

You were just so little. But you chunked up faster than any baby in the NICU, I'm sure of it! :) 

I love this. Goodness your daddy loves you, Caleb. 

One thing I am incredibly grateful for is how dad and I turned to each other throughout this difficult journey. And we still do. Your daddy is amazing and I am so blessed he married me for eternity. 

The bond between you and daddy is so touching. It makes my heart so happy to look at this picture. Really any picture of you with him. 

I am so grateful for these pictures. They are so beautiful and will always hold them close to my heart. 

I love all the hair you had. Babies have lots of hair in the womb and normally aren't born yet. At this point you were a few weeks from your due date. I love the hair that runs into your eyebrows. 


Oh sweet boy. You are so special to me. My heart longs for the day I can hold you and kiss you and never let you go. I am so blessed to be your mommy. Blessed doesn't even scratch the surface. 

My heart aches for you and always will. I constantly have my cries and pour my heart out to my Heavenly Father but am always reminded that I will be with you again. We will all be together again one day. Mom, dad, every one of your 5 sisters and you. What a day that will be. 
"Weeping only endure the for the night, but joy cometh in the morning."
Psalm 30:5
Oh the hope and joy the savior brings. It keeps me going each and every day. 
My cup runneth over. 

Xoxo
Mom

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These pictures are amazing! What a blessing to have them. Your sweet Caleb. He is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Leah! What precious, beautiful pictures. The photographer did an inspired job of portraying the bonds of love and devotion that have welded your family together forever, and of capturing Caleb's soul shining out through his eyes. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me cry…the pictures are so beautiful. I love the way Zeb looks at you. It makes me proud to be his sister, proud of the love you two have for each other and for your babies, all of them. I pray everyday that this pregnancy will be trouble-free. I hope for it, just as I hoped for Caleb. I can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, these pictures feel celestial. The peace and joy of an eternal family radiates from each one, and Caleb's personality shines, just like the love you and Zeb have for him shines. I miss looking into his eyes and feeling him communicate with me, and I miss seeing his connection with all of you. These pictures feed my soul, and help me to keep the eternal picture close. I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete