Sunday, September 7, 2014

It's Party Time!!!

We had a circus for Hallie's 10th Birthday! She was so excited for her party and was counting down the days for about a week. She could hardly wait for her circus party. 

Happy Birthday to our sweet Hallie.

We started off the party with a photo booth.
 

It was a big hit. Love this little nerd.

Goodness she is cute.

Audrey was so excited to dress up.

Here's our spunk ball Julia.

I love parties. Yup. I do. I love throwing them. I love planning them. I love putting them together. I could spend gobs of money but try to be as frugal as possible. One year I made a piƱata to save money for Audrey's party. NEVER AGAIN. That's where I draw the line!!! That's why we do parties every OTHER year. There are 3 birthdays in 4 months time and it was crazy. So we do a family party on odd years and friend party on even years. I like it this way a lot and feel like the girls are more excited and grateful for their parties when they get to invite friends.  Angie threw a circus party for Sagie so she had the invitations and signs printed for me and then let me borrow lots of her stuff. 
It was so fun!!!!

Mom and Dad made Hallie's cake. Dad did the fondant and I baked and decorated it. We tried a new fondant this time and it was a struggle to work with. Dad had a hard time with it sticking and I did too when I was making the balls. I think it still turned out rather well. I also learned not to use a cake stand with waves on the bottom if you're going to decorate the bottom edge. It made the border I was trying for impossible but I think it still turned out pretty cute!

Hallie's gum ball machine party favors turned out super cute and she loved giving them to her friends. I just love the mustache on her cute face.


We went outside for some games. 
Ring toss...

Herre's my awesome right hand party helper. She was ready for the circus in her costume! Too bad Julia changed out of her ballerina outfit right before everyone came.

Bean Bag Toss...
Highest opening for most points.

 Dart Throw...

Sac Race...


During the last heat of the sac race it started raining. We finished and ran inside just in time. I know it's stilly but I'm grateful we still got to do Hallie's party. It still would have been okay had it rained the whole time but I sure am glad all the hard work wasn't in vain and we could enjoy the games and prizes. It meant a lot to me. Party SUCCESS!!!

This little 10 year old is so amazingly wonderful. Every time she prays she prays that we are grateful for the 7 months we got to have with you. She has such a tender heart and often cries about how much she misses you. I lovingly agree and remind her that the 7 months we had with you were miraculous and that we didn't know if you would survive the first night. But we were blessed with 4 days shy of 7 months with you. She remembers that and is grateful for it in every prayer. What a beautiful, grateful, loving, fun and smart daughter I have.

Here is the circus. Happy, fun and oh so crazy.

We sure love you, Caleb Luke. 
To heaven and back.

xoxo
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Well WOW, that is a world class party if I've EVER seen one! My students asked our foreign exchange student from Spain what her favorite birthday party was as a child. Then they asked her what the theme was. She said they don't do theme birthday parties in Spain. I'm going to show her the pictures from Hallie's party ad watch her eyes pop! Happy, happy birthday to you, our wonderful grand-daughter. And hats off to Leah, the amazing party planner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out perfect! I miss being at the parties with the girls. You always do such an amazing job. Happy Birthday dearest Hallie Ballie! You're such a sweet, adorable, loving girl. I love you!

    ReplyDelete