Friday, May 29, 2015

Quickly

Time is moving so quickly. I guess part of that is that I have 5 kids to take care of, 6 if you count dad. Just kidding. But with lots of children come lots of things that need to be done so maybe that's why I feel like it's moving so quickly.  We are getting close to the day you passed away and it's coming ready or not.

I woke up this morning with a heavy and anxious heart. I've been trying to figure out why. Is it because you're not here? Is it because I miss you and ache to see you again? Is it because I worry about your sisters? Is it because I worry I'm not teaching them enough or patient enough? Is it because even after losing a child I hate that I am impatient with them? I know I'm human and that I can't snap my fingers and be a perfectly patient mother, although that sure would be nice, but I have such a hard time with it. On the one hand I know how precious every moment is, how quickly things can change. But on the other I get frustrated and upset. I guess maybe my heart is heavy for all those reasons. I long to hold you again. I want the best for your sisters. I desire so badly to teach them what they need to know. And I still want to be more patient with them. I think I always will. 

Here's the things we've been up to.
Claire received awards at school for grades and entering a reflections contest.
She is such a smart, helpful, talented and awesome girl. 

It's been fun to hold Lexie in front of the mirror. She's not quite sure what to think. 

Daddy has noticed she likes to be balanced while being bounced and it puts her into a trance if she's tired. It's pretty cute to watch him with her. 

This picture was taken during Lexie's nap. That is sweat from her head. No lie. She is a hot box like you! 

I love that she puts her arm above her shoulders like this. 

I can't believe she will be 3 months old in 4 days. She is giving lots of smiles to us. 


She loves to chew and naw on her hand. She almost had her whole first in there. She's working on it. 

Sleepy time.
Sleepy smiles. 

This week was the 3 year mark of Atticus' passing. The girls wore there super atti shirts! Claire was in bed sick. :(
We went to his grave, sang him a song and doorbell ditched auntie Cindy. We totally thought we got away with leaving the surprise but she saw us through the office window the whole time. Lol
Claire bear took some selfies on the drive.
Love her.

Hallie was working for quite a while on this picture for auntie Cindy. She is so sweet AND talented. :) 
We love Atticus. I told him to hug you for me. Us mammas sure miss our boys. 

I love you and miss you.  
I will keep trying my best. 
Thank goodness the Savior 
promised to make up the rest.

Xoxo
Me  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for remembering our sweet Atticus. Im sure he and Caleb are up their causing all sorts of trouble!!

    ReplyDelete