Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Lexie's Blessing

On Sunday, May 3 was Lexie's blessing Day. The blessing dress all your sisters wore had seen better days. It was yellowed from each of them spitting up on it and I didn't see a way to salvage it. So I started searching online. Much harder to find what I envisioned than I thought. I finally found one on an etsy shop that they custom make. The crazy thing is that the dress was made in Poland. But I loved it and so we bought it. Dad just smiles and goes along with crazy things like this. He's such a good sport. I made sure Lexie wore a bib after she was blessed so she didn't spit up on it. I want her to be able to use it for her daughters one day.

The morning of the blessing I said to Akexis, "okay honey, it's your day, make it a good one." She totally listened. She was so good not just during the blessing but the entire day!!!!! It was so nice to see her happy and content. The blessing was beautiful.

Here's our 5th little princess. I still am in awe that I have 5 daughters and a son.

Oh how I wish you were in this picture. I like to think you were there.

We had family and friends over after for a bite to eat and to talk. It sure was nice.

I was so happy that both sets of grandparents were here. It's a memory I will always hold close to my heart. We are so grateful for our families. We are so very blessed. It's pretty awesome that uncle Josh and Aunt Carol live in Texas again and that we got to have them come too.

Alexis has really started to give smiles and we take as many as we can get! When she smiles she raises her eyebrows. It's pretty adorable!

Oh I just love her so.

Papa got soooo many smiles out of her. It was just the cutest!!!
Longest time she was happy and awake so far. 
What a ham!

Your older sisters made a spa for your Gram and Granny and they gave them pedicures. It was pretty darn cute! 
Gram said Claire was quite the natural. Apparently Gram and I are both extremely ticklish on the bottoms of our feet on our arches. ;)

Grandpa took a turn holding you but you weren't to thrilled since you wanted to eat.


 Your sisters got to take some half days at school to spend time with grandparents. They, of course, were wanting full days off. Silly girls.


It was so wonderful celebrating Lexie's blessing. Loved having grandparents here. Loved sharing this special day. Sure do love you, Caleb.

xoxo
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment