Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Julia's Birthday

Julia had her 6th birthday party. She was set on having it frozen themed even though Audrey did a frozen party last fall. Julia knew what she wanted and was so excited! 
I used the decorations from Audrey's party and my sweet friend let me borrow her decorations as well. I was happy with the way it turned out. So was julia. As we know Lexie is really colicky and I was so worried I wouldnt get things done. Amazingly enough the day before the party she took 2-3 naps by herself and I did almost all the baking and prepping. I was soooo grateful for that little miracle! 
We did a pajama party and had crepes which was awesome except for the fact that it's kind of hard to make crepes with a newborn. Daddy had been working like crazy and had already gone into work at 5:00am. Your sisters helped me set things up and were so sweet.  At 9:00 an hour before the party started I still hadnt been able to make the crepes. I heard the garage door open and there was dad ready to help. He made over 50 crepes and finished just before the guests arrived. He was waiting on documents to come in to review and figured he'd wait at home and go back to work when they got there. Talk about perfect timing. He seriously saved the party! Goodness I love him. 
The birthday girl all ready for her friends to arrive. She had been asking for MONTHS when her party would come. She was soooooo excited! 
Love this little spunk ball! 

They played pass the balloon while the guests arrived. 

Then ate yummy breakfast, thanks to dad. 
I wasn't sure how I was going to do the party with all 15 kids and a newborn but dad still didn't have the documents so he held Lexie in our room while we partied it up. 
Next was the scavenger hunt! 
The girls loved it. 

They all got a glittery Anna and Elsa poster to color at the end of the hunt. 
Then we sang to julia and had cake and ice cream. 
Of course I love group pictures! 
Each guest got a lip balm Olaf! 
Julia was very excited to open her presents and very excited to have her friends over. She is a social butterfly. 
This julia may is a ray of sunshine. She adds fun and laughter to our family only she could add. I thought for years that she was my last baby and boy was I wrong, twice in fact. She has become quite the reader and loves school. She gives your sister 25,000 kisses and I'm still working on when are good times to give them. For example, giving Lexie a big kiss and rubbing her head causing her to wake up after she's been bawling is not a good time. Her response is always, "I'm sorry she's just so cute." So true. Julia loves you like crazy and still talks about you at school. She adores you. We are so glad julia is part of our family. 
I realized I may not have posted your other sister's parties last year. I will do something about that if that's the case...huge oversight on my part. 

Well Lexie is crying I better run. Sure do love you mister. Your sisters party was a success. Wish you could have been there with ice cream all over your face in your high chair. :) 

Xoxo 
Mom 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing dear; I can understand how difficult it can be to hire best party venues in Houston for your birthday party but thanks to internet it solves many problem of my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete