Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Stories to go with the Pictures

Now that I've posted the pictures of the walk I wanted to type a few stories. But let's be honest, I would post a lot more if your sweet baby sister weren't crying so much. It breaks my heart. There isn't blood in her stool since I cut dairy out of my diet but she isn't thriving like you or your sisters. She is dropping in weight even though I have enough milk. She was in the 55th percentile at birth and is now in the 14th. She cries like she is in pain. Pretty hard to console at times no matter what we do. I'm going to put her on a probiotic to see if it will help her tummy. It's been really tough. She likes listening to your songs. :) 

Okay here are some stories about the walk for you. 

When Adrianne first got to the walk she said they were playing your song, Sky Full of stars. I wasn't near the stafe so I couldn't hear it. No worries because after the walk was done and we were walking to the bus guess what song came on? Yep, Sky Full of Stars. It made my heart so happy. 

Another favorite thing about the walk was that dallas presby has a tent there. A lot of employees hang around at the tent which means i get to see them. I got to see one of my favorite nurses, Emily, that took care of me. I also got to see some of your nurses that were favorites as well. Stephanie and Joanna. I loved seeing people that are connected to you like that. It makes my heart so happy. 

Another favorite is when you start the race (and throughout) volunteers read your shirt and yell for you. When We started the race and they yelled, "Go Caleb" it brought tears to my eyes. Hearing your name and knowing they were cheering for you gave me such a sense of pride. I had to keep myself from crying like a baby. It was one of my absolute favorite things. 

On the way home from the walk we were riding a bus to the car and these two sisters 8 and 10  sat by me. They were darling and so polite. I asked them who they were walking for and they just said "For all the babies that can't walk for themselves." It was so precious and sweet. I told them all about you. They didn't really understand and the 8 year old said, "I'm sorry about your baby boy. I hope he gets better." I told her thank and that you were better and in heaven with Jesus. I showed them pictures and they just smiled. They were seriously adorable. 

Having a group of people walk for you was therapeutic. I hope it grows each year. It was so special and I'm grateful for all those that came or that were there in spirit. 

I love you, mister. 
Like crazy. 
Xoxo 
Mom 

1 comment:

  1. I wish so badly we could have been there. I loved hearing all about it. I love you and Caleb so dang much. There isn't a day that he isn't a part of. Wish I could be there tomorrow too.

    xoxoxo
    Love you to the moon and back.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete