Friday, April 24, 2015

Caleb's Courage

Last week we did the March of Dimes walk to honor you. Our team is "Caleb's Courage." I love the way the shirts turned out and I loved walk for you.

Here we are taking the shuttle to the walk.



When we got there we met up with Julia's friend Julie from her Kindergarten class.  She was born early and her family walk every year. Their family team is "Julie's Jewels."


 Not sure why you can't see dad in this one I must have edited the picture wrong. I'll have to fiddle with it.You can barely see Lexie in the stroller. I can't believe how outnumbered you and daddy are.


 Alexis was very serious about her bottle. 

Uncle Josh and Aunt Carol came from Austin for the walk and it was wonderful to have them there. We were so grateful they could come and join us.


Lexie was 6 weeks old so I was really nervous with how she would do. I am a bit of a germaphobe but she did great in the sling and I didn't have to get her out much.  She was a champ. 

 The Grubbs family met us there to walk. We loved having people join our team.

Caleb's Courage Team Picture Take 1
Hmmm I seem to be missing a few children.

Caleb's Courage Team Picture Take 2
...Wait the Taylor family joined us...

Caleb's Courage Team Picture Take 3
Okay I think we got it.

Jill, Corey, Jace and Dayton were there. Dayton and Jace were in the same NICU right by your bed when you were admitted. Your first buddies. It was so great to see them and spend time with them. They are such a great family. This tradition will be enjoyed every year. More of your NICU friends wanted to be there but will join us next year for sure.
And of course your sweet Nurse Adrianne was there with her family. Oh how we love her. Her friend Amy also came. We are so blessed to have so many people that care about you and honored you. Lots of friends and family were there is spirit. You are one loved boy, Caleb. You were and are one strong and courageous boy and you made your mark on so many. 

I am so proud of you and the person you are. Thank you for teaching us so much.
Thank you for showing such courage and strength. 

I will look forward to this every year.
I love you to heaven and back.
xoxo
Mom





2 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to seeing the pictures of Caleb's walk. I loved them! It is so good to see how many people love Caleb and the Fish family, and show their support for you. What a wonderful blessing to see them with you, and to feel the connection we all have to Caleb. He continues to influence or lives. I love you all, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! You are one amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete