Monday, November 24, 2014

NICU Delivery

In honor of Caleb's birthday on December 12th we are taking new, unused loveys to the hospital to deliver to the NICU with a Christmas card. If you would like to participate we would be honored. Loveys are small square security blankets with a stuffed animal sewn in the middle. The girls gave Caleb the giraffe lovey when he was a few days old. He had it every day and started holding it and hugging it. You can drop them off or ship to our house before December 12th. (Email me at leahefish@gmail.com for our address.) Our family will be delivering them to the NICU December 13.

We sure are proud of our fighter and want to share his story, courage and love.

The card for the NICU families says:
As the Holidays approach we have vivid memories of last year with our sweet Caleb in the NICU.  Caleb's stuffed animals were always with him and kept him company when we couldn't be there.  Caleb sends his comfort, love, and courage to your little fighter. May you feel the love of our Savior this Christmas season.
Love, The Fish Family

Here is a pic of Caleb's lovey. 

This one is actually still sold at target! 
http://m.target.com/p/circo-security-blanket-giraffe/-/A-14289047

3 comments:

  1. Sure love you and your capacity to love and serve others in the midst of your own heartache. Amazing how much I love that little giraffe. My girls sleep with theirs. True to what I do when I love something a lot... I haven't taken my lovie out of the plastic packaging as to keep it extra safe. :) Ha!! I love you and am so excited to send a lovie from my family. Wish more than I can say that I could be there for his birthday. We will be having a party at our house for sure. Cake, balloons and I'm sure tears as we remember Caleb on his birthday and everyday. Oh we love him.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and amazing tribute to your beautiful baby boy. Many prayers for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete