Saturday, October 4, 2014

Everywhere

As the song, "Sky full of Stars," becomes more and more popular it plays quite often. It plays everywhere.  Its a wonderful thing because it reminds me of you but it is also very hard because sometimes the feelings that the song brings (the last few weeks with you and the last night with you) make it very hard to keep from crying. The feelings and emotions that swell in my heart come to the surface so vividly and then the ache takes over reminding me you are gone. 

We went to the Texas State Fair a few days ago and boy was it hot. The girls had a great time though and I loved watching their excitement. Dad was working hard on a 200 million dollar deal that closed that same day. Talk about stressful. Sheesh. Your dad is amazing. While we were trying to find the petting zoo, "Sky Full of Stars," came on and my heart just longed for you. I burst into tears. Hallie was next to me and cried too. I was able to pull it together pretty quickly so everyone else at the fair we were with didn't notice. 

At the end of the afternoon when we were leaving the song came on again but I was able to smile and think of you without sobbing. 

Sissies with Big Tex...

Shopping day was an adventure. I went to Walmart with Julia and the power went out because of a storm. So we had to leave our cart full of groceries and go home, but not before we took a pic together. 

When we went back today to get the groceries again we stopped at Costco to fill ink cartridges and your song was on again. 
I didn't realize until after that you can't see the tv image very well in the pic but it's Cold Play singing. "Sky full of stars." Julia danced in the isle and my heart swelled with love for you, sweet boy. 
After running errands the song came on again as we pulled into the garage and my emotions overcame me. Julia and I just cried together. She asked why Heavenly Father needed you in heaven and said she wished you would have been able to breathe so you could have stayed here. It's amazing how quickly my emotions can get under control when one of your sisters is crying for you and needs me to be strong. Not that it's not okay to cry together, we do, but usually your sisters need me to help remind them of your special purpose and I am grateful for the strength I'm given to be able to do that.

Although today is not the 5th of October, which is when my water broke last year, it IS Saturday which was the day it happened. The first weekend of October is conference weekend for our church every year where all members watch the conference that is broadcasted across the world. We listen to our church leaders via lds.org and are edified and uplifted through talks, songs, and prayers. I was listening to conference on the couch while on bed rest when my water started leaking. Conference will always bring thoughts and emotions about your short but beautiful life. 

As Fall comes every year I don't know why exactly but I am always overcome with feelings of excitement and happiness. The smells and colder air instantly bring those feelings. Maybe it's times from childhood, maybe it's that that was the time of year that your Dad and I started planning our wedding, or maybe it's that the holidays are around the corner and everything the holidays mean. Whatever the reason I love the fall. But as I felt the cold air and inhaled the smell of fall the feelings of excitement and hapiness started to come but were immediately cut short and the ache in my heart and longing for you came full force. It was so hard to think about Fall without you here, to feel the excitement for a moment of holidays but then realize a part of me is gone that will always be missing until I see you again. You have a piece of my heart that only belongs to you. So do each of your sisters and your daddy. No one will ever replace the piece that is yours. 

I am, however, very grateful that I am with your sisters and daddy at home right now.  That this pregnancy is going well so far and that I may be able to spend this time of year with them instead of in a hostpital bed. That was tough last year. I am grateful for all the blessings Heavenly Father so graciously gives us. The blessings I am given are endless just as my love for you is.

I love you, Caleb. 
Forever and always. 

Xoxo
Mom 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Leah, my heart just aches for you and the girls, and Zeb. One huge blessing is that Caleb gets to be part of your eternal family. He couldn't have a sweeter, better family than yours. I went to the fabric store today, and I was remembering how the girls clustered around me, and all stayed in the same room with me while I sewed American Girl Doll dresses last July. They were the best cheering section, oohing and aahing at every new development. I love to hear about them, and about how they are such a comfort to you. You have such a close knit family, and I love that. I love that one day you will all be together again, and that Caleb will feel all of the love and fun that he started to experience while he was here. I saw him perk up every time his mom and dad and sissies were with him. I'm so, so sorry it hurts so much. I put his picture (the beautiful portrait) on my special wall at school. I will be thinking about all of you this weekend, and sending you my love. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had you in my mind and heart every minute today. I will never forget the phone call that your water had broken. I hardly slept that night. I understand more fully when the scriptures talk about crying out in prayer all night long. Oh I love you. I love Caleb. I have you in my heart always. Caleb holds a special part of my heart that only he can fill. It is HIS spirit that blesses my life and changed my faith and strengthened my love and faith and it is his face I look for in my mind when I picture the resurrection. What a glorious day that will be. I love you Leah Lou. More than you can possibly know. It was your spirit and heart that Caleb needed for his 207 days on earth. I can see so easily why YOU were chosen to be his mother. You and Caleb make me better every single day. LOVE LOVE LOVE you. You are not crying alone tonight. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not do that spacing... just for the record...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Pee. I've been thinking about you all weekend. You're such an amazing mom, both to your sweethearts here and your angels in Heaven. Your ability to feel that ache for your boy, while putting on a brave face when the girls need you to, never ceases to amaze me. I'm so lucky to have your example and blessed to have Caleb to inspire me to be better and focus on the things that are important. Love you like crazy.

    ReplyDelete