Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Caleb Afternoon

Today was a great afternoon. We got to do things that reminded us of you. After a local birthday party we headed to Hayden's First Birthday in dallas. Hayden was one of the babies in the crib next to you in the NICU. In fact, you gave her a valentine last year. :) 
Here she is with the girls deciding how tired she is vs how much she wants more cake frosting. 
I left a little early and headed to Nurse Jannetta's baby shower in Frisco. It was so great to see her and celebrate the upcoming arrival of her baby boy Gavin. She was and is such a wonderful nurse and loves you and your sisters so much. As part of her gift we gave Gavin a giraffe lovey like yours. I hope he likes it! 
The crazy thing is I remember at your viewing she mentioned she had just found out she was expecting and I was doing the math thinking, "oh my goodness we are due within days of each other!" But at that point dad and I were the only ones that knew I was pregnant so I didn't say anything. That night I remember getting home, exhausted and having waited too long to eat I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Because the day was so emotionally and physically draining no one thought anything of it. It's still hard to wrap my head around another baby now just as it was then. But God has a plan for each of his children. And little miss Lexie's plan is to be part of our family, and we love her already. When we visited the NICU for your birthday I found out jannetta is having her boy March 3, the day before I have alexis! Isn't that crazy? 

I loved having things this afternoon that focused on memories of you. It was pretty awesome. Sure think of you lots, mister. 
Goodness you are loved and missed. 

Goodnight.
I love you to heaven and back. 
Xoxo
Mom

P.S. Claire and Dad did the Big D Climb this morning. 53 flights of stairs to raise money for Leukemia. Dads firm sponsored it and Claire was ready for the challenge and asked if she could do it with them. Claire beat everyone in dads office, including dad, because she has a serious competitive side! She's pretty awesome. They had a great time together. I love it when the girls get to spend time with daddy. 


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking a lot about your family this week. I love and miss you all so much, and I am praying for you.
    Love, Elise

    ReplyDelete