Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rockwall Shower

My sweet friends Jacqueline, Jennifer and Ali threw us a shower for the Rockwall friends.  It was beyond sweet and just as the one in Sunnyvale, everything was above and beyond.

Here is the entrance, I was terrible at the pin game. Audrey tricked me and took my pin pretty quick. Everyone signed in and wrote down their predictions for Lexie's weight and height. 

Jacqueline found these adorable ideas for party thank you's. They were darling and said, "Thank you for celebrating Alexis Grace, we can't wait to kiss her sweet little face."
They had lip balm as the belly!

The decorations were so so darling. I love seeing the colors of the nursery throughout.
Jacqueline had the idea to have people bring a book with a hand written note in it to get a library going for Alexis. By the end of the shower we had a few dozen books and we are so excited to read them to your sister!

We played a game similar to one on the Price is Right where they guess the prices for the items. 
It was super fun and very fitting because something you may not know about me is that when I was little I was pretty much obsessed with the game show. In fact, a few times when I was in first or second grade I spun around in my living room as fast as I could so that I got really dizzy. Because I was dizzy I would inevitably feel sick to my stomach and like I was going to throw up. At the exact moment I felt sick I would tell Gram that I wasn't feeling well and lie on the couch. I'd stay home and do what you ask? Watch the Price is Right. 

Here are all the goodies at the shower. Everything was amazing and yummy and so much went into everything. Miss Ali made all those crepe paper balls that look so darling. And I love the sign, "We love you already Alexis Grace."

I wish I had a better picture of the cakes in the back that Jennifer brought. They were gorgeous and soooo yummy. She also did the invitations that were adorable.

 Since I didn't take pictures of all our friends at the Sunnyvale shower I made sure to snap a few pictures this time. 
 So many people came to celebrate Lexie's arrival.

 I was in awe at how many came.

Here is a picture of Jacqueline and Jennifer. Poor Ali had sick kids and was coming down with something herself and had to stay home. She was so sweet to take so much time preparing for things with these other 2 sweet ladies. We are blessed with so many wonderful people in our lives. Love these women, so very much.
Unfortunately I didn't have someone snap pictures on my camera of the girls opening gifts, I'll have to get copies of those. The girls were so excited and they ate it up.
 After opening the gifts, here was everything we were showered with. 
Talk about love and kindness.
 And here are a bunch of the clothes we will hopefully get to dress Alexis in. Things are looking great, she is healthy and strong and I'm early term now. But I know how quickly things can change and get anxious at times. I am grateful for a loving Savior that still provides me with strength on a daily basis. His love is never ending and so unconditional. 

I told Daddy I feel guilty and spoiled. I feel guilty about having showers and being given so many gifts. There are so many people that love our family that wanted to do them for us. So many people ready to come party with us and show more love and support. My cup runneth over.

Thank you to every single person that threw us the 2 showers. Thank you to every person that came to a shower. Thank you to every person that dropped by or met up with me to tell me they missed coming. Thank you to every person that continue to love and support us throughout everything. Thank you to every person I have never met that reads our blog and follows our story. Thank you to every person that prayed and still prays for our family.  
We love and appreciate every one of you so deeply.

Well, Caleb. I had 2 rockin showers and spent 2 awesome Saturday's with incredible friends that feel like family. Goodness we are lucky and blessed to have so many in our lives (that were at the showers or not) that provide us with continued love and support. People are simply amazing. As are you, my son. We are so blessed to have you as part of our family. 
I thank our Heavenly Father for you every day.

Love you, mister mister.
xoxo
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment