Saturday, February 21, 2015

Felt for Eternity

There have been a lot of things on my mind and heart lately. From wishing there were more words in the English language to the topics of faith and miracles, I have been deep in thought and want to share some of those with you. 

The reason I have thought so much about the English language is because I believe it is lacking in a significant way. I don't feel like there are words that are adequate enough in expressing the gratitude I feel for so many people that have loved, served and prayed for our family throughout the past year and a half. 

What do i say to people that provided meals for months while I was in the hospital and cleaned my house when I couldn't? What do I say to the medical staff that cared for my baby each and every day in such a loving way? What do I say to friends that watched my children daily while I couldn't care for them and my husband had to be at work? What do I say to my husband for selflessly working day in and day out as mom and dad while providing strength to me on a daily basis? What do I say to family that flies in to be there for me and my family and give me strength and love continually? What do I say to people I have never met that send encouraging messages and care so much about me and my family? What do I say to people that anonymously donated money to help pay for my sweet baby's funeral? What do I say to people that shower us with gifts for our sixth baby? What do I say to people that do such selfless and loving things? Because thank you or thank you so much don't even scratch the surface. Grateful doesn't either. I wish there were words that we could use only when we need to express such deep and loving thanks. When I say thank you I feel like a very small portion of my heart is used. The sincerity and depth of love and gratitude I feel for each and every one of those people spans the widest and deepest of oceans.  It reaches the ends of the earth and touches heaven. The gratitude I have will be felt for eternity. 

I love you sweet boy. All the way to heaven and back. 
Xoxo
Mom 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Leah. You have put into words what my heart has felt and what my tongue can't say. I have felt the spirit testify to me of truths from the words you write. My faith has been strengthened through you, Zeb and the girls continued faith and example.
    Thank you.
    I love you.
    -Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you with all of my heart and soul. What do I say to my little sister who has changed my life, the way I love and the faith I have for the rest of my life? You are my hero... comes up short. I am so proud of you.. doesn't scratch the surface. I love you will all that I am... still doesn't cover it.

    xoxo
    Ang

    ReplyDelete