Thursday, December 1, 2016

Burdens

Our church is doing #lighttheworld where we serve in 25 ways for 25 days to share the light of our Savior this Christmas season. Today we are encouraged to share an experience when prayer helped us  carry a burden. What immediately enters my mind is when Caleb was still here and he was so sick. I remember going to the hospital day after day hoping he would get better but being weighed down with the uncertainty and the reality of his situation. That burden was so heavy. So many days I would just sob when I left, or sob when I held him, or sob when another baby went home, or sob when I read a story that turned out differently than ours, or sob when I was in my closet, or sob on my way to see him. That time in my life was excruciatingly painful. Some days I didn't know how I could keep going. I said a lot of prayers. There were days my tears stopped quickly, my heart and mind were comforted and a calmness came to me that was from somewhere else. That comfort and peace came from my savior and I know he helped  me carry my very heavy burdens. Even now I am burdened with the loss of my only son. The pain and heartache continues daily, some days harder than others. It is still a heavy burden. But I still receive a comfort and peace from my Savior. I am forever grateful for my savior and the light he gives me in my darkest hours. He is the light of the world. How special he is to me in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment