Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hit the Ground Running

This little Lexie is quite the little go getter. When she was born it was as though she was made to hit the ground running. From just a few weeks old she has tried to do full sit ups...I'm not joking. She is one determined little cookie.
She is getting really good at sitting up and almost has it on her own. Much sooner than her sisters.

She is going to be crawling in no time at all. She already scoots and gets up on all fours. She doesn't have time to slow down. She insists on trying to keep up with her older siblings. 

I love this age for so many reasons. She is so interactive but still a baby. You can distract her when she wants something and she is inquisitive and contemplative. You can practically see her brain working as she explores and tries new things. Socially she is aware of everything and everyone and loves to grin her head off at pretty much anyone. She smiles wherever we go at whoever we see. It's so much fun. She can't get into too much mischief yet which is a bonus for the age. Every once in a while she will give us a laugh but her squeals of delight she is much more generous with. 

For some reason when you have a child that has passed away and have another, as they approach the age of your angel baby it is extremely difficult. You're supposed to be older than her. She isn't supposed to pass you up in age. You're her big brother and I want her to stay littler than you. I wish I could freeze time. You left this earth 4 days before you turned 7 months old and that time is quickly approaching for Lexie. 

Seriously though, just look at this face.




This girl sure knows how to light up a room as well as my heart. She is so happy and I love hearing people tell me how happy she is. My favorite comment when we are out and about though is when people ask me if she is my first. When i tell them she is my sixth people are so shocked they are speechless. It's seriously the best. 

Oh Lexie Lou, how I love you. 

And you Caleb Luke, how we love you!!

xoxo
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment