Monday, August 24, 2015

New School Year

I can't believe we are at the beginning of another school year. It seems like I blinked and the summer was over. Julia has been counting down the days for school to start. We made a paper chain the last week because she was just too excited. When we pulled up to the school last week to return overdue library books (I knew we would find them!!) she said. "I've missed this place." 
She was sooooooo ready for this morning.
Julia May, our "Is it a school day" 1st Grader
On the way to school she said, "I can't WAIT to sit by Kyler."

Audrey is our little planner. All summer long consisted of, "What do we have going on today," or "What's the plan today," or "Are we doing anything today?" She loves to know exactly what we are doing and when and keeps every detail in order. She was so happy to have Mrs. Grandstaff for 3rd grade since Claire had her when she was in 3rd. Although her dear friend Kinlee isn't in her class she was happy to see that a friend from church is in her class this year!!
Audrey Lynn, our "What's the plan for today" 3rd Grader

Hallie seems to be maturing over night these days. Every time I look at her I feel like she is growing up twice as fast. She was pretty sad to find out she isn't in Presley's class this year. After a few tears at meet the teacher she wiped her eyes and focused on positive things. Her friend Emma is in her class along with Jaycee and a few other friends. 
Hallie Elizabeth, our "growing up overnight" 5th Grader

Our 2015-2016 Hartman Trio
Between the 5 girls we will have 3 at Hartman for a lot of years. I'll have to do the math on that one. 

Claire was not stoked about school starting. But most 8th graders aren't. She'd rather sleep in and watch Korean dramas all day. (Thanks Gram and Aunt Stephanie, she was pretty devastated her OTP didn't work out in the latest drama episode). I can't believe she only has one year until high school. Excuse me while I go cry and then throw up.
Claire Olivia, our Korean drama loving 8th Grader.
When I was backing out of the driveway to take the 3 to school she ran out of the garage and said, "One of my worst nightmares just came true. My make-up is in dad's car!" Mom's make-up to the rescue. Crisis averted. 


I hear Lexie waking up from her cat nap so I'd better run. Here is Lexie's latest trick and obsession.
This girls can't eat her toes enough.

 
She loves bath time.
 
Yes those are her toes, not extra fingers.
Gosh she is too cute for words.

Here's to another school year. I have a feeling it's going to be a great one with lots of learning and growing. 

Sure love and miss you buddy...
If you only knew how much.
xoxo
Mom

P.S. Your sisters rocked their exercising, math and reading filled summer. They did their stuff every day and the structure was AWESOME. Boy did they love shopping. Sweet Success!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I just LOVED the profile of each of the sisters. They are all so unique, and fun and just plain wonderful! I feel like I got to be there with all of you for the first day of school. Thank you for the great update, and Claire and I will have to talk Korean drama soon! I love each one of you with my whole heart.

    ReplyDelete